- Swim team members and their family members will be respectful of one another during at all times (not just during the meets). Disrespectful or inappropriate behavior (to include cursing) will not be tolerated, and may, per the Lopatcong Swim Team Bylaws, result in disciplinary action.
- During the meets, swimmers need to remain with the team. Wandering around is highly discouraged. Younger swimmers should inform the Marshallers when they need to leave the marshalling area.
- No horseplay or fooling around is permitted during practices, meets, the Invitational, or Championships.
- Toys and games that cause a disruption will be confiscated by the coaches.
- A proper diet is recommended prior to participating in a meet. Eating right before participating in an event is discouraged.
- During the meets, swimmers will remain out of the pool unless they are swimming in an event (no recreational swimming during a meet).
- Good sportsmanship will be shown at all times. Even if a swimmer is upset with how they performed, they should always remain in the water until all swimmers are finished, and they should shake hands with the nearby competitors.